This is a workout plan I have designed, focused on functional exercises which will help to correct muscle imbalances caused by common lifestyle factors and therefore increase your metabolism, which is the best way to burn body fat. This is a basic workout plan, so after 6 weeks exercises should be modified to make it more challenging, but you can use this 2-4 times a week and will see the difference after 6 weeks! Some of these exercises also require no equipment so they can be done at home as an extra workout or if you don’t have access to a gym.
• stretch calves and chest
• 1 minute rest between sets
• Lunge and touch toe with opposite hand – 3 sets of 8 ( increase every week – start with left leg right hand, breathe in as you go down, out as you come up, don’t let heel lift up or let knee go over toe. Push back up from your heel)
• Squat – 3 sets of 10 (keep working up until you can do 4 sets of 20 perfect squats- feet hip width apart toes pointed out slightly, push knees out to follow toes, breathe in as you go down, out as you come back up. Push from your heels)
• Shoulder press with 2-4kg dumbbells – 5 sets of 6-10 (stand on one leg with other toe on floor behind you to help balance, breathe out as you press weights from shoulders until they touch together above head)
• Lat pulldown 15 – 25kg – 5 sets of 6-15 (focus on stretching shoulders up then pulling them down, breathe out as you pull weight down)
• Plank in press up position or on forearms if uncomfortable on wrists – 2 sets of 30 seconds (Build up to 2-3 sets of 1 minute. Back must be straight no sagging hips or lifting them too high, keep chest over elbows. Focus on breathing naturally).